The rich luxuriousness of Rohit Bal’s collection called for hair and makeup that would be equally regal without detracting from the look. MAC’s global senior makeup artist Sonic Sarwate didn’t need to look further than Bal’s collection to find the perfect inspiration. “Since the whole collection was inspired by Kashmir and the Mughal era, we decided to go for really dark kohled eyes like they wore back then and the roses were a perfect adaptation to complete the look.”
Here’s how you can get the look.
- Start with applying MAC Studio Moisture Cream to hydrate and plump the skin. It’s a super-rich creamy moisturizer with skin-nourishing extracts including passion fruit, green tea, algae, wheat germ and coconut.
- Prime the face with Prep+Prime Natural Radiance, a silky gel emulsion to help foundation go on smoother and help control shine.
- Next, blend a foundation matching your skin tone evenly all over your face. Sarwate likes the Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation which gives perfect color purity without looking ashy or chalky. It also reduces shine on the skin’s surface and helps to absorb excess oil.
- Use a concealer such as the Matchmaster Concealer under the eyes to mask pigmentation or dullness.
- For the eyes, apply MAC Fluidline in Dipdown as a base and over it smudge on Folie eye shadow and Carbon along the upper lash line and on the outer corners of the eye to give it intensity. Use Black Brilliance Fluidline Pencil on the waterline to line the eyes. Curl the lashes and coat with several coats of Haute and Naughty mascara.
- Brush brows into place with a spooley and fill in any gaps with a brow pencil.
- Apply MAC Cream Color Base in Hush on cheeks and finish with a dusting of bronzer along the cheekbones.
- Line and fill the lips with Spice Lip Pencil. To finish the look apply Mineralize lipstick in Poshtone or top with a bit of balm for a dewy look.
Images courtesy of: MAC Cosmetics
Filmmakers Shaana Levy-Bahl and Uraaz Bahl never expected that an article about a young Olympic hopeful would change their lives forever.read more